Skip to main content

Zvezda's last full box?


I just read this piece of news and am pretty bummed about it:
"Zvezda's last full box? Slightly ahead of schedule, Zvezda have announced the release of their set 8078 German Infantry Platoon (for the years 1942 to 1944). With the release of this set there are no more full figure sets promised from this manufacturer, although a large number of game pieces are due over the coming months. Whether they will return to making full sets in the future is impossible to say, but we will certainly be sad to see an end to what has been for the most part an outstanding range of figures."
from the Plastic Soldier Review news for Feb 27, 2013.
link

I've been a fan of Zvezda's figures but the Art of Tactics small boxes with an average of only 2-4 figures just doesn't seem right to me. The format kinda goes against the grain of what enamored me with 1/72sets before.

Oh well…



Will I buy this set? Probably. I'll even hunt down more of their old sets, the ones I especially liked.
Will I buy the new minibox sets? Nope. I'm done.

Reprinted from my Men in Boxes blog. Yeah, that's how bummed out I am about this :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airfix 1:32 Afrika Korps

The Airfix range of military figures is one of the iconic brands of plastic toy soldiers I grew up with. Airfix is a UK manufacturer of plastic scale model kits founded in 1939 by Humbrol and currently owned by Hornby, a famous UK model railway brand. This is the latest reissue of their classic Deutsche Afrika Korps, the German expeditionary force in Libya and Tunisia during the North African Campaign of World War II. The box contains 14 figures. Click the picture above to go to the Airfix webpage for these figures.

Polybian Roman

1:72 Polybian Roman army for De Bellis Multitudinis. Hat Industrie figures.

Fat, Cute Soldiers!

Fat Bear Sugar Ball Oily Joe From Takara Tomy's Panda's Ana